Aaron Resnick, Esq. is a graduate of Leadership Miami and a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rated attorney. In 2022, Leaders in Law honored Mr. Resnick as the Business Litigation Lawyer of the Year in Florida having been previously recognized by Lawyer International Magazine as the Business Litigation Lawyer of the Year in the United States. Mr. Resnick serves on the Board of Trustees for University of Florida's Law Center Association having previously served on its Law Alumni Council and is an Ambassador for Emory University.
Mr. Resnick is currently the President of the Miami Beach Bar Association and the Co-Chairperson of the Miami-Dade Bar's Civil Litigation Committee. Mr. Resnick serves on the Board of Governors for the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce and is a member of its Law Council. Mr. Resnick also moderates the Miami-Dade Bar's "The Recess" and the Miami Beach Bar Association's "Holding Court".
Professionally, Mr. Resnick honed his craft at one of Florida's oldest and most prestigious firms, Gunster, before starting his own boutique law firm in 2005 with offices now in Miami, Boca Raton, and New York City. Mr. Resnick received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with honors from Emory University and a Juris Doctor with honors from the University of Florida.
Mr. Resnick is admitted to all of the state and federal courts in Florida and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Resnick's law practice concentrates on business and commercial matters, focusing on litigation, real estate, and real estate litigation, and consumer class actions. He has been involved in several high-profile shareholder/partnership disputes, serves as local counsel for a number of top 100 firms outside the state of Florida, and is currently co-counsel in over 10 consumer class actions. Mr. Resnick's cases have been reported on prominently in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Miami Herald, Barron's, ABC News, Politico, Above the Law, the Advocate, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone Magazine, Buzz Feed, the Daily Beast, MSN, Yahoo, the Daily Business Review, the South Florida Business Journal, the Real Deal, and Courthouse News.
Mr. Resnick has been honored several times as the Commercial Litigator of the Year (Florida) and the Law Offices of Aaron Resnick, P.A. has been recognized as the Best Commercial Litigation Boutique (Florida). Mr. Resnick has been named by Florida Trend magazine as one of its Florida Legal Elite™ and Super Lawyers Magazine has identified Mr. Resnick as a "Super Lawyer" for the past 10 years having previously been recognized by it as one of its Florida Rising Stars. Mr. Resnick was also the first man to serve on the board of the Florida Association of Women's Lawyers (Miami Chapter). He was elected three times to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of the Dade County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section and previously served as a committee chair for the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, an organization which recognized him as the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division's Star of the Quarter. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and South Florida Business Journal both previously recognized Mr. Resnick as one of the Top 40 under 40 professionals in South Florida
In 2010, Mr. Resnick co-founded the Little Lighthouse Foundation, www.littlelighthouse.org, which is a Miami-based charity that seeks, identifies, and provides support to underserved children and their families, and serves on its board of directors.
Mr. Resnick was the recipient of the Arts & Business Council of Miami, Inc.'s "Shining Star" Award. This award each year honors the top Miami business professional supporting the arts and cultural community. Mr. Resnick is the founding chairperson of the Friends of the New World Symphony. Mr. Resnick currently serves on the Art in Public Places Committee for the City of Miami Beach. He also sat on the Board of Directors for the Miami Design Preservation League for over 10 years.
Mr. Resnick is a member of AIPAC's Florida Leadership Circle and a member of AIPAC's Washington Club. He is on the Board of Directors of Hillel at Florida International University and one of the Jewish National Fund's Lawyers for Israel. He was a Regional Board Member of the Maccabi World Union and a member of the Ben Gurion Society of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation.
Mr. Resnick is a founding member and Patron of the Perez Art Museum, a Bass Museum Insider, a Patron of the Institute of Contemporary Art Miami, a member of the Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami's Curator Circle, and a Patron of the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts.
Mr. Resnick previously served on the executive committee for numerous young patron groups in South Florida including, but not limited to: Best Buddies of South Florida, Big Brothers Big Sister's Impact Circle, the Art Crowd of the Bass Museum, the Green Room Society for the Center for Performing Arts, the Tropees of the Historical Museum of Southern Florida, the Jewish Legal Society of Miami, and the MOCA Shakers amongst other.
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Business Law
- Real Estate and Real Estate Litigation
- Sports and Entertainment Law
HONORS & AWARDS
- Best Litigation Lawyer of the Year (USA) - Lawyer Monthly Magazine
- Best Business Litigation Attorney (Florida)
- Business and Contract Disputes Lawyer of the Year (Florida)
- Commercial Litigator of the Year (Florida)
- Super Lawyers Magazine – Florida Super Lawyer
- Florida Trend Magazine – Florida Legal Elite
- Corporate America – Legal Elite
- South Florida Business Journal 40 Under 40 Award Winner
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 40 Under 40 Attorneys
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 40 Under 40 Business Professionals
- Film, Recording and Entertainment Council – FREC Entertainment Law Award
- “Shining Star” Award by the Arts & Business Council of Miami, Inc.
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division “Star of the Quarter”
- Super Lawyers Magazine Florida Rising Stars
PROFESSIONAL & BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- State of Florida
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Florida Bar – Member Business Law Committee and Sports & Entertainment Law Committee
- Miami Beach Bar Association – Member of Board of Directors and Vice President
- American Bar Association – Member Business Law Committee
- Dade County Bar Association
- Pillar Member of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Law Council of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce The Inter-American Chapter
- Member of the India-US Chamber of Commerce South Florida
- Member of the America-Israel Chamber of Commerce Florida Chapter
- Member of the Florida China Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce Southeast
- Member of the Panamanian American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Columbian American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Canadian American Chamber of Commerce of South Florida
- Past Member of the banking committee for the Asian American Hotel Owner's Association
J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1995-1997
Universite de Montpellier, Montpellier, France, 1997
with High Honors.
B.A., Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, 1990-1994