Aaron Resnick, a graduate of Leadership Miami, is a leader in the Miami’s legal and cultural arts scene. Mr. Resnick was awarded the “Shining Star” Award by the Arts & Business Council of Miami, Inc. This award each year honors the top Miami business professional supporting the arts and cultural community. Mr. Resnick was the founding chairperson of the Friends of the New World Symphony, and now serves permanently on its Executive Committee. He also sat on the Board of Directors for the Miami Design Preservation League for over 10 years. He has served on the executive committee for numerous young patron groups in South Florida including, but not limited to: Best Buddies of South Florida, Big Brothers Big Sister’s Impact Circle, Art Crowd of the Bass Museum, the Green Room Society for the Center for Performing Arts, the Tropees of the Historical Museum of Southern Florida, the Jewish Legal Society of Miami, and the MOCA Shakers amongst others. He is a member of the South Beach Athletic Club and an active in local, state and national politics. He is a Regional Board Member of the Maccabi World Union and a member of the Ben Gurion Society of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation.
Currently, he is a member of the Silver Director’s Circle for the Bass Museum, the Leadership’s Circle for the Museum of Contemporary Art (Miami), the Maestro’s Circle for the Friends of the New World Symphony, and a Supporting Member of the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts (and a member of the Green Room Society). Mr. Resnick recently founded, with several friends, the Little Lighthouse Foundation, www.littlelighthouse.org, which is a Miami based charity that seeks, identifies and provides support to children and their families with health, educational, and financial challenges.
Professionally, Mr. Resnick is an attorney, who honed his craft at one of Florida’s oldest and most prestigious firms, Gunster Yoakley, before starting his own boutique law firm in 2005 with offices now in Miami, Boca Raton, Gainesville/Ocala, Jacksonville and New York City. Mr. Resnick is admitted to all of the state and federal courts in Florida and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Resnick’s law practice concentrates on business and commercial matters, and sports and entertainment law. He has successfully represented a number of clients in commercial foreclosure matters and has a company that specializes in working with lenders on distressed assets.
His current practice also includes the personal representation of a number of current and former professional athletes in the National Football League, the National Basketball League and Major League Baseball, as well as members of the arts, fashion and entertainment world. Mr. Resnick himself is an avid collector of art, and is in a partership with a famous celebrity photographer promoting and marketing his photographs, www.artofthenight.com. Mr. Resnick has lectured on art fraud and is in the process of writing a book related to some of the major art fraud cases of the 20th century.
In addition to being an attorney, Mr. Resnick is one of the owners of Faction Capital, LLC, a distressed asset consulting firm, and AJAX Entertainment, LLC, a marketing company targeting young professionals and patrons of the cultural arts.
Awards & Recognition
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2009, 2010
- Super Lawyers Magazine Florida Rising Stars, 2010, 2011
- Film, Recording and Entertainment Council Entertainment Law Award
- South Florida Business Journal 40 Under 40
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 40 Under 40 Attorneys
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 40 Under 40 Business Professionals
- “Shining Star” Award by the Arts & Business Council of Miami, Inc.
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division “Star of the Quarter”
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- State of Florida, 1998
- United States Supreme Court , 2004
- United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, 1999
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1999
- Florida Bar – Member Business Law Committee and Sports & Entertainment Law Committee
- American Bar Association – Member Business Law Committee
- Dade County Bar Association
- Miami Beach Bar Association
- Pillar Member of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce The Inter-American Chapter
- Member of the India-US Chamber of Commerce South Florida
- Member of the America-Israel Chamber of Commerce Florida Chapter
- Member of the Florida China Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce Southeast
- Member of the Panamanian American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Columbian American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Canadian American Chamber of Commerce of South Florida
- Member of the banking committee for the Asian American Hotel Owner’s Association
- Member of the Arts & Culture Council of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1995-1997
Universite de Montpellier, Montpellier, France, 1997
with High Honors.
B.A., Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, 1990-1994